Hello! My fellow crocheters! Today I want to share my pattern for hand warmers. These hand warmers are the first pattern I wrote down. Make these with your favorite team’s color to show your support. This is a very easy pattern and is perfect for the beginner. This pattern is written in U.S. terms and is simple to read. The stitches used are: slip stitch, single crochet, half-double crochet and double crochet. It’s worked as a flat piece that is sewn together with trim on the top and bottom. I hope you enjoy my pattern, please let me know how you like it, I love having feedback. As always, if you need any help or see an error in my pattern, please contact me! Thank you!
Worsted Yarn (One main color, one accent color)
I Hook Needle (5.5m)
2 Football buttons or any other embellishment you would like to use.
1. Chain 17, loosely. In third chain from hook, half-double crochet.
Half-double crochet in each chain. At the end, chain 2 and turn. (You should have 15 half-double crochets).
2. Half-double crochet in each stitch to the end, chain 2 and turn.
3. Repeat #2 for 14 more rows. (You will have a total of 16 rows when finished)(If you want to make med/large hand-warmers, continue for 2-3 more rows for a total of 18-20 rows, depending on the size you need.) Bind-Off leaving a tail.
4. Fold your flat piece in half by taking the bottom (the beginning chains) and fold up to the top where you are currently working. This will become the side were the thumb goes through.
5. Begin slip-stitching or use a yarn and needle to bind the sides together.
Sew or slip-stitch the first 8 stitches, leave 4 stitches open (this is for the thumb and I weave in and out on one side only in the open 4 stitches) continue sewing together the last 4 stitches together. Bind-off and weave in the ends.
6. In a contrasting color, single-crochet around the top, for a total of 16 single crochet. Slip-stitch into the beginning single-crochet to bring together the round. Bind-off and weave in the ends.
7. In the same contrasting color, repeat this pattern cluster in every other space on the bottom of the hand-warmers: 3 double-crochet, slip-stitch, in the same space for a total of 8 clusters around. Slip-stitch into the beginning cluster to make a complete round. Bind-off and weave in ends.
8. Sew your buttons on and you’re done!
Courtney Echeverria, CrochetRemedy, LLC©