Spring is upon us and Summer is around the corner! I can’t wait! We like being outside a lot in the summertime and I become the pack-mule for water bottles. Everyone wants water, but no-one wants to carry it. So, I have decided to make these crocheted water bottle holders so everyone can carry their own bottle this year. 😉
This pattern is easy and is great for beginners. If you make this Water Bottle Holder, I would love to see pictures! Happy Crocheting!
Crochet Water Bottle Holder-Free Pattern
Fiesta Craftsmart Yarn
1. Chain 2, in 2nd chain from hook, work 6 single crochet. slip stitch in the first single crochet. Chain 2, turn. (6 Single Crochet)
2. Work 2 Double Crochet into each space. Slip Stitch into the top of the first double crochet. Chain 2, turn. (12 Double Crochet)
3. Work 2 Double Crochet into each space. Slip Stitch into the top of the first double crochet. Chain 2, turn. (24 Double Crochet)
4. Double Crochet in each space around. Slip Stitch into the top of the first double crochet. Chain 2, turn. (24 Double Crochet)
5. Repeat #4 for 12 more rows (13 rows total when finished)
6. Instead of chaining 2, chain 4 (Acts as first double crochet and 1st chain 2), skip first space, double crochet in the next space, chain 2, skip the next space. Repeat this pattern to end of round: Double Crochet, Chain 2, Skip a Space. Slip Stitch into the top of the chain 4, bind-off.
Fiesta Craftsman Yarn
1. Chain 4
2. Single crochet, second chain from hook. Single Crochet in each chain. Chain 1, turn. (3 Single Crochet)
3. Single Crochet in each space, chain 1, turn.
4. Repeat for 95 rows. Bind-Off. (Remember yarn stretches, so make sure you like the size of this handle. Tug on it tightly and see if you want it longer or shorter.)
5. Sew onto the Water Bottle Holder
Fiesta Craftsman Yarn
1. Chain 2
2. In second Chain from hook, work 6 single crochet, slip stitch into first single crochet.
3. In the same stitch you just slip stitched, work this pattern: Chain 3, 2 Double Crochet, Chain 3, Slip Stitch.
Repeat this pattern in all 6 stitches, bind-off.
Second Part of Flower
Use the same patter as above
Put the colored flower on top of the white flower and sew them together. Add a button into the middle and sew onto the water bottle holder.
Add Paracord through the top of the holder where the spaces were created and fasten off with a paracord fastener.
You’re done! Enjoy being hands free and still having your water everywhere you go this summer!
Courtney Echeverria, CrochetRemedy, LLC©