This necklace is so easy to make! It doesn’t even take 15 minutes. Show your patriotism this 4th of July wearing this necklace. Happy Crocheting!
1. 5 mm Hook
10 small glass seed beads. 5 Red and 5 Blue
White Crochet Thread
Blue Embossing Thread
Small Red Button
sl st-slip stitch
hdc-half double crochet
- Start by adding all the beads onto the cotton thread using the thread needle. You will want to alternate colors so that it goes; red, blue, red, blue…
2. Once all beads are on the thread, they just stay towards the bottom until you need them. With a 1.5mm hook, Ch 30 (for med ch 35, lrg ch 40)
3. Add your first bead to the necklace. You will pull one bead up right next to where you are working the thread. Then you will crochet a chain around it.
4. Ch 10 and then add another bead. Again, pull a bead from the bottom and then work a ch around the bead. Repeat: ch 10, add a bead; until all beads are on the necklace.
5. After the last bead is on the necklace, ch 30 (for med 35, lrg ch 40), Bind-off.
6. Add the necklace clasp by tying it to both ends.
7. Now it’s time to make the flower 🙂
8. With the blue embossing thread and the 1.5mm hook, ch 2
9. In 2nd ch from hook, sc 5 times. sl st into beginning sc.
10. In each sc repeat this pattern: sl st, hdc, dc, hdc, sl st.
11. There will be 5 petals when complete.
12. Sew the button onto the center of the flower and attach the flower onto the necklace.
Find the center of the necklace by folding it in half then thread the flower onto
the necklace and tie in the back.
13. You’re done! Simple and quick! Not to mention a cute necklace for this up and coming Holiday.
Enjoy and have a fun and safe Holiday!
Courtney Echeverria, CrochetRemedy, LLC©