I love working with Bernat Blank Yarn. I have made several purses using this yarn and I love it. It’s soft and plushy feeling. This pattern’s worked with a larger hook so, I strongly recommend sewing an inside or using an insert like mine. (This is the insert I use.) I currently use the medium insert, but this purse will work for both medium and large. I love my insert because I can change purses with ease and I love to change my purses frequently. This crochet purse is quick and easy to make, only taking a few hours give or take. It is perfect for the beginner. Hope you enjoy!
(Note: This post contains affiliate links. Courtney with Crochetremedy.com uses these links to help offset the costs of running this blog. If you choose to purchase through my links, it will be of no cost to you and I will make a small commission. Thank you for helping me keep my patterns free.)
Easy Crochet Purse For Beginners
Bernat Blanket Yarn in Blue
Or Color of choice
Bernat Blanket Yarn in Grey
Or Color of choice
14 inch zipper
sewing thread and needle to hand sew on zipper or you can use a sewing machine.
sl st- Slip Stitch
Using the Blue Yarn
1. ch 17, in second ch from hook, sc in each stitch to end, ch 1 turn. (16 sc)
2. For the next 4 rows, single crochet in each stitch. (16 sc)
3. Now you will crochet in the round. Instead of ch 1 turn, you will continue to work around your piece to create the round.
Sc in the round, When you get to the ends, 2sc in each stitch. (There will be 16 stitches on the long side and 6 on the short.) sl st into 1st st. ch 1, turn.
7. Crochet in the round for a total of 15 rounds.
8. Switch to Grey Yarn
9. Complete 2 more rows of sc, bind-off.
10. Sew on the zipper either by hand or with a sewing machine
11. Add handles and you’re done!
(I am working on a video on how to make your own handles, I am hoping to have it up in a few weeks.)
Bernat Blanket Yarn in grey
6sc in 2nd ch from hook
In each sc; sl st, hdc, dc, dc, hdc
sl st, to complete and bind-off
6 petals total.
Sew onto front of purse
Courtney Echeverria, CrochetRemedy, LLC©