Easy, One Hour Slippers Using Bernat Yarn
I love slippers! When winter comes around, I am never not with slippers on my feet. I have tried for many years to make a slipper pattern that is comfy, cute and fits. The fitting part has always been the most difficult for me. I have put the thought of trying a slipper pattern up on the shelf for awhile.
But, last week I decided to revisit the idea and try again. I am so glad I did! This pattern is very easy and only takes an hour to make! These would be great for Christmas gifts or to make and have by your door for guests.
Hope you enjoy the pattern! Happy Crocheting!
Bernat Blanket Yarn: You will need a main color and an accent color. (Color of choice)
L Hook 8.00mm
*sc2tog=2 single crochets together( Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull through stitch, insert hook into next stitch, yarn over (you will have 3 loops on your hook), yarn over and pull through all loops on hook.
*slip stitch=sl st
Ch1, turn on each row and round (Except where noted)
This slipper is made for a 5/6 shoe size. To make it a 3/4 size, crochet 15 rows instead, to make it a 7/8 crochet 19 rows instead. (To ensure they will fit correctly, before starting your rounds, place your foot on top of the sole and see if it fits the length of your foot.)
Easy, One-Hour Slippers
- Ch 7, sc 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st. (6 sc)
- sc in each st for 16 more rows (This is the step you will decrease or increase to fit your feet)
- Crochet in the round. Without ch1 and turning, sc around the whole sole. sl st into beg sc., ch 1 turn.
- sc in the round for 2 more rows.
- Pinch together sides at both ends. Place markers on the 3rd stitch on each side. Think 9 and 3 on a clock. (There should be 6 stitches between the markers. In the next step you will sc2tog 3 times between these markers.)
- sc in each stitch, except for the stitches between the markers, sc2tog 3 times. sl st into beg. sc, ch1, turn.
- Pinch together sides at both ends. Place markers on the 2nd stitch on each side. Think 10 and 2 on a clock.(There should be 4 stitches between markers to sc2tog 2 times in the next step.)
- sc in each stitch, except for the stitches between the markers, sc2tog 2 times. sl st into beg sc, bind-off.
- Weave in all loose ends and then on one end, pinch sides together again and sl st 6 stitches up, to close and make the top of the slipper. Weave in ends and bind-off.
- Turn right side out and in a different color sc around the top opening, sl st to beg. sc. bind-off
Bernat Blanket Yarn(Color of Choice)
- Ch 9, sc in 2nd ch from hook. sc in each stitch. ch1, turn. (8sc)
- sc in each st for 3 more rows, bind-off.
- Using a strand of yarn, pinch the middle to make a bow and wrap the strand of yarn around to keep the shape of the bow. Tie the strand in the back of the bow. Sew onto top of slipper.
Courtney Echeverria, CrochetRemedy.com©